1. When Zoey taps her finger to her chin and says, "Hmm... Interesting..."
2. My kids holding hands.
3. Shepherd voicing his thoughts more often: "When you turn 100, you turn back into a baby!" In a way, I guess he's right. Right?
4. Making snowmen. Especially when they have Hershey Kisses for eyes.
5. New episodes of Sofia the First. Seriously, I don't know how many more times I can watch the movie or first episode we have on our DVR. Do you hear me, Disney?!
6. Surprise sunny days in January.
7. Successfully meal planning two weeks in a row, cutting back on our take-out consumption and waste. I only went to the grocery store ONCE last week!
8. Running on the treadmill (although I'd rather be outside) and the burst of energy I feel afterward. Elle Woods was right: "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy."
9. Organizing closets, taking clothes to Goodwill, and preparing kids' toys and clothes for consignment.
10. Watching my kids' drawing and writing (and basically every other one) skills develop. Writing names, drawing people and hearts. They are the sweetest things ever.
Sometimes it feels nice to make a list of things that make you smile, things that make you happy. Have you made your list today?