Because of the nature of the husband's job, we are never guaranteed to live anywhere for very long (no, it's not the military). So far, we've been in Pittsburgh the longest. And I love it so very much.
Last year was a great year, full of trying new things and exploring the city. We were faced with the option of moving to Houston (thank God we didn't!), and that really kick-started my mission to see and do everything possible, because we never know when we'll be transferred.
I have quite a few things on my list this year, but I am always up for suggestions!
1. Visit the Andy Warhol Museum. I have no idea why we haven't been there already. I feel like this is probably something that should be a date night activity rather than a "with kids" activity.
2. Visit the Museum of Natural History. I think the kids would really get into the dinosaur area, and I'd really like to see the whole museum too!
3. Go for a cruise on the Gateway Clipper. I've heard mixed opinions on this, but I think it would be really fun to see the city from that vantage point. Maybe we could even try one of their themed cruises, like the Princess Cruise.
4. Visit Fallingwater and Ohiopyle. These are things I think would be fun for a long weekend getaway with the Husband. While I think the kids would enjoy exploring in Ohiopyle, I've heard that you can't necessarily tour the actual Fallingwater house with kids younger than 6. Although they have a separate kids tour, we want to view the whole thing. (If you or anyone you know has been with kids and have had a different experience, please let me know!)
5. Eat Pamela's pancakes in The Strip. I've already had Dor-Stop pancakes, and I hear these are better. I need to be convinced. Is it worth it? Are there more local restaurants I need to try?
6. Raise $1000 for The Epilepsy Foundation of Western/Central PA. Last year, Team Wedde raised $505 at the Pirates Family Fun/Run Walk. Why not try and double it? We blasted last year's goal, I say let's do it again!
7. Go to a Steelers game. This is a longshot, but doable. We've been to Pens games, Pirates games, so I hope we get to a Steelers game. I've never been to an NFL game, and the atmosphere at a Steelers game looks so unreal. Pittsburgh is such a crazy city for sports, and it's hard not to love it! (No fear, though, I'm still a Colts fan at heart.)
8. Go back to the Children's Museum! We've only been once, and the kids were much younger. I don't think Zoey really got much of a chance to enjoy it, and I don't want to miss out on the Rainbow Jumpy exhibit they have going right now.
9. Sign Shepherd up for ice skating lessons. He's been asking to learn how to skate ever since we skated at the PPG Rink downtown. I think it's something he'll like much more than soccer. Along those same lines, I want both kids to take swimming lessons.
10. Do a paint & wine event. I mean seriously. How much fun do those things look?!
I think I'll stop at 10, although I'm sure there's a ton more I could add to this. If you have any suggestions, feel free to add them in the comments!