- When I found out I was pregnant and freaking out about it, no one told me 2 under 2 was actually pretty freaking awesome. It gets better every day, and I'm sure even if someone had tried to tell me how much fun it was at the time, my postpartum depression might have smacked them in the face, but damn if it isn't fun now that they can play together, have conversations, walk holding hands, and so much more.
- If you & your husband are both stubborn, strong-willed people, your kid is bound to come out 10x more stubborn than the both of you, making potty-training nearly impossible.
- On the topic of potty-training, why didn't anyone tell me that sometimes a 3 year-old boy might pee STRAIGHT OUT? As in missing the potty and hitting the cabinet?! Why must these things be kept a secret?! Moms need to be informed so it's not a surprise! (And, please, if you don't know why a boy is peeing straight out, go call your mom.)
- Kids start arguing as early as 2 & 3. It's as simple as, "No!" "Yes!" "No!" "Yes!" And no one told me that when my kids were this age, I'd look in the rearview mirror at the Chick Fil A drive-thru, and tell them both to keep their hands in their laps or no one was getting a juicebox.
- It's not always fun, and that's okay.
These days, I've really wished my kids came with a manual--they are always keeping me on my toes. What do you wish people told you beforehand?